Monday, December 14, 2009

LPDV Testimonies


The picture of Estefan and his dad I took in 2002. The father would drop off his son and pick him up everyday on his motor bike. Other children come by cars and bus. I think Estefan was on scholarship for him to attend LPDV?
Wally Korol<><

The stories below illustrate how God has used LPDV to further His Kingdom.

On a voluntary basis, parent of elementary school children who have studied at LPDV since preschool were recently asked to write letters expressing how the school has affected their children. Here is a sampling of three responses (translated from Spanish to English).

A. From a third grade mother:
"... even though I am a Roman Catholic, I see many deficiencies in how our church educates us about the existence of God... When Jamie started to receive 'Bible' classes with Teacher Lauren at La Palabra de Vida and started to talk with me about Psalms that they were studying. I felt so relieved because I felt that more than just studying the Bible {academically], they were teaching how to live with God in your heart... I feel that my son is truly developing a relationship with God... I know that Jamie is learning in La Palabra de Vida who God and Jesus are, according to what the Bible establishes... this institution has been very respectful of people who do not belong to their congregation [the denomination of the founders of the school, or evangelicals in general], on the contrary they have made us feel very welcome."

B. From a mother with two children in the school:
"... after six years, every day I am surprised to see the progress that my children have made academically, socially, and most importantly spiritually. I have fought during their years of life to teach them the wonders of God, and it has been very difficult to make them understand the importance of giving their lives to Christ, but the institution has achieved what I have not. You {La Palabra de Vida}, with the help of the holy Spirit have managed to plant in their hearts to love and fear God."

C. From a second grade father:
"During the two and a half years that my son has been a regular student at the center, I have noticed not only progress in his academics, but also in the spiritual area. A very gratifying experience was the gift that my son received from the school when he graduated from Kindergarten: a children's Bible which he could, and has read. It has given him, for his age, an ample knowledge of the Scriptures."

No comments:

Post a Comment